Leaf 122 - Curia Saliorum In Monte Palatino
Andrea Fei, Roma, 1625
Rome (Italy) -- Antiquities.
Architecture, Roman -- Italy -- Rome.
The Curia Saliorum was located on the Palatine Hill. It was the meeting place for the Salii Palatini. The Salii were an ancient guild of priests dedicated to the service of Mars and the guardianship of the sacred shields, but they later branched out to serve other deities and were found all over Italy. In Rome, the Salii Palatini were located on the Palatine Hill and their festival season began in March.
On the verso of this leaf is text in 3 languages with the page title in Italian: Curia de Salii Nel Monte Palatino.
Leaf 122, recto and verso.
Scholars wishing to cite this item should include item title with leaf number, Splendore dell'antica Roma, Jen Library Archives and Special Collections, the Savannah College of Art and Design, and the item's url.
Page 28.5 x 21 cm.
Image 23.5 x 17.75 cm.
Engraving on paper