Leaf 120 - Magni Pompei Curia (Ad Theatrum Eiusdem)
Andrea Fei, Roma, 1625
Rome (Italy) -- Antiquities.
Architecture, Roman -- Italy -- Rome.
The Curia Pompei was built as an annex to the Porticus Pompei and was a place where the senate could meet. Both were located behind the Theater of Pompei. The curia was located at the eastern end of the portico. In the exedra in front of the Curia Pompei is the site where Julius Caesar was assassinated at the foot of the statue of Pompey. The hall was later walled up.
The verso of this page contains text in three languages with the title in Italian: La Curia di Pompeo.
Leaf 120 recto and vesro.
Scholars wishing to cite this item should include item title with leaf number, Splendore dell'antica Roma, Jen Library Archives and Special Collections, the Savannah College of Art and Design, and the item's url.
Page 28.5 x 21 cm.
Image 23.5 x 17.75 cm.
Engraving on paper
Though this item is believed to be in the Public Domain, copyright may have been retained by the authors or creators of items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.