Hotels -- Newcomb Hotel Company, Props. Opens Jan. 1st, 1913, Hotel Savannah, Savannah Ga. Open Fall 1912, W. L. Stoddart, Architect, NY Chas. McDaul Co. Builders, Phila.
No Publisher listed
Postmarked Feb. 27, 1913
Historic buildings -- Georgia -- Savannah -- Pictorial works.
Hotels -- Georgia -- Savannah.
Architecture -- Georgia -- Savannah -- 20th century.
Savannah (Ga.) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
Color postcard with white border and divided back, postmarked Feb. 27, 1913. The hotel was built in 1912 by the Newcomb Hotel Company and opened in January of 1913. The builder was listed as Charles McCaul, builders from Philadelphia and the architect as W. L. Stoddart of New York. At ten floors, it was a tall building by Savannah standards. In 1921, due to the popularity of the hotel, an addition of another 100 rooms was added. In 1954, the hotel became the Manger Hotel and operated as such until the 1970's. Its Purple Tree Lounge was a very popular night spot. The building now houses the First City Club of Savannah and business offices.
No indentification numbers or marks found.
Scholars wishing to cite this item should include item title, Savannah Postcard Collection, MS 016, Jen Library Archives and Special Collections, the Savannah College of Art and Design, and the item's url.
3 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches
MS 016 Savannah Postcard Collection, Jen Library Archives and Special Collections, the Savannah College of Art and Design.
Though this item is believed to be in the Public Domain, copyright may have been retained by the authors or creators of items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.