Color postcard with no border and divided back, postmarked January 28, 1915. The Barnard Street School, at 212 West Taylor Street, was designed by Norman using the same floor plan as the Anderson Street School. It was built on the site of the original Barnard Street Elementary School, which had been designed by John Norris and built in 1854. It had been used as a military hospital by Sherman’s army during the Civil War. The new 20,759 square foot school building was $75,000 in 1905. The two story building was designed in a Mediterranean revival style with a battered brick basement level, a terra cotta roof, and a central bell tower. The building was originally covered in rusticated stucco with sandstone detailing around the windows. The school closed in 1956 and served as administrative offices until 1961. It reopened as a school in 1961. It was acquired by SCAD in 1988, renovated, and renamed Pepe Hall.