Downtown Buildings -- Germania Bank Building, Savannah, Ga.
Savannah Post Card Co., New York. Printed in Germany
Savannah (Ga.) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
Architecture -- Georgia -- Savannah.
Commercial buildings -- United States.
Color print with no borders, title on front, divided back, postmarked June 5, 1912. The back contains printed note above the left side division: "This space may be used for Correspondence after March 1st, 1907." The Germania building, the home of the Germania Bank, was the first of Savannah's tall office buildings. Designed by Hyman W. Witcover and completed around 1904, this building originally was located at Bull and Congress Streets, but was razed in 1975. The bank was established by Captain Henry Blun, a veteran of the Confederate army, who served as a member of the German Volunteers in service at Fort Pulaski, also with the forces on Tybee and Wilmington Islands.
14910 appears before title on front of card
Scholars wishing to cite this item should include item title, Savannah Postcard Collection, MS 016, Jen Library Archives and Special Collections, the Savannah College of Art and Design, and the item's url.
3 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches
MS 016 Savannah Postcard Collection, Jen Library Archives and Special Collections, the Savannah College of Art and Design.
Though this item is believed to be in the Public Domain, copyright may have been retained by the authors or creators of items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.